Sunday 21 February 2010

Labyrinth

I was amused, surprised and rather shamed by a long-standing friend who told me today that she had been reading my blog, but, understandably, gave up on it very quickly! I had just been asking myself why on earth create a blog when I long ago lost the expectation of anybody ever looking at it! I came to the conclusion that I was just creating a useful (to me) dialogue with myself, because the discipline required to compose thoughts, to give them some structure, as if you were having to present them formally to others, is what is needed to better see and correct one's own ideas or attitudes and thus to be able to progress onwards. Otherwise they are just suspended in a labyrinth, going round and round with no resolution. Of course, it would be much quicker if one shared an active dialogue with others, but I realise I haven't bothered to think about that for quite a while. Meanwhile, a lovely dry and sunny day yesterday so I could leave the studio door open and give the studio a good clean, ready to start a new body of work.

No comments: